Asset tracking and complaint management system using Power Apps
Client: Global Industrial Automation Campany
Our Expertise: Business Intelligence
Technology Used: Power Apps, SQL
Tracking company assets for a company with 3000+ employees is always a challenge for the admin department. It is a tedious task to manually take the asset details and maintain them in the excel sheet. Due to this, even managing complaints became hard for our client as there was no centralized complaint management system.
Employees with managerial level and above were having company assets such as laptops, mobile phones, SIM cards, other peripheral devices, and software subscriptions. Our client was looking for a solution to track:
1. Department-wide assets distributed
2. Maintenance/complaint management
3. Tracing of software subscriptions and renewal
4. Tracking of total investments done in assets and upcoming renewal expenses and maintenance costs
We developed a Tracking System using Power App for employees where they can fill in the details of all the company assets they are currently using, including software installed.
It helped organizations to streamline their asset management process:
– Employees can now put asset information in the tracking system without having to rely on admins
– They can now use the same application to raise a service request through the App. It has now become easy for the admin department to track and resolve the issues seamlessly.
– Admin and Operations department users can now see the details of assets distributed, subscription due dates, upcoming renewal costs, and maintenance details.
– Notification triggers were created for subscription renewals, new complaints, complaints with no actions for a certain time, etc.